One of the most important aspects of any ICT system is good protection against all kinds of possible malware attacks. Networked systems require constant vigilance against the threat of malicious code – it’s always out there, testing defences, probing for weaknesses.
Getronics’ approach to ICT security is holistic. It is understood that every item that makes up or connects to the ICT system presents an attack surface, which requires an able solution to mitigate the risk that presents.
As organisations increasingly adopt New World of Work (NWOW) approaches, like Bring Your Own Device(BYOD), remote working and cloud services, an end-to-end view and strategy for dealing with security in an environment in which there are decreasing levels of ownership and control becomes paramount.
An overview of the tiered approach used by Getronics is shown below:
Each Tier requires a solution to enforce organisational security requirements. Getronics works with customers to make recommendations as to how to protect each Tier, according to off the shelf solutions, solutions we trust and have used before and solutions which have an application particular to the business need.
Security Considerations for our cloud
- Our Data Centres hold ISO 27001 Certifications
- 24x7 security access with full CCTV monitoring
- Early smoke detection systems with fire suppressant protection systems in place
- All servers and network components are racked and locked
- Full patch management and service management systems are in operation
- Industry leading security appliances from Cisco restrict access to customer data
- Monitored and reactive intrusion prevention system in place
- ITIL based change management system is strictly enforced and managed
- Tenant separation through network and virtualisation